Tuesday, January 10, 2012

REVIEW of Lush's Rose Queen

I adore the scent of roses. They grew along the side of my childhood home and remind me of sunny, summer birthday parties. Maybe it's because I'm so familiar with the scent of fresh cut roses that I haven't been happy with any of the rose-scented products I've tried. I have a bottle of rose perfume from L'Occitane that just sits in my drawer and I just finished the last of my Rose Queen Bath Bomb from Lush. I chose it because while I wasn't 100% sold on the scent, it was fairly strong which was what I wanted after the barely there scent of the Christmas Eve Bubble Bar. Rose Queen ended up being just another dud.

Pros: Dyes water pink, fizzles and dissolves effectively, strong scent...half was enough to perfume skin and hair after drying
Cons: Flower petals and objects inside are hard and sharp and jab you in the bath. Also, as strong as the scent was it changed over time. It lingers on my hair and skin and has become harsher. You know the abrasive, harsh quality of cigarette smoke or ammonia? It's like that. It's become something murkier and it sort of assaults your nose.
Possible effects: I think it may have dried my skin out instead of softening it.

No comments:

Post a Comment