Tuesday, January 17, 2012

REVIEW of Revlon's Fashionista with SWATCHES (O.P.I. Ski Teal We Drop Comparison)

I picked up Revlon's 471 in an earlier drugstore haul I shared with you. It's a pretty teal color and I was hoping it would be a dupe for O.P.I.'s Ski Teal We Drop considering all the BOGO 1/2 off Revlon nail polish sales at the drugstore, it would be much more affordable. However, I think I'll be sticking with O.P.I. Here is a link to my original review.

http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2011/12/review-of-opis-ski-teal-we-drop-with.html

The colors are very similar, with O.P.I.'s Ski Teal We Drop leaning slightly more blue and Revlon's 471 leaning slightly more green. I used the O.P.I. as an accent nail so you could really compare the two. The colors are very similar though. However, I wouldn't recommend the Revlon if you care about the formula. The formula on Fashionista was a huge hassle to work with. It was watery but it also dragged so I had to use thick coats and work quickly to even out streaks and edges. Also, personally I prefer the color of the O.P.I. polish a little more. The Revlon polish picks up smudges really easily despite the top coat it looks dingy after only a few hours of wear. Also, I prefer the blue of the O.P.I. to the green of the Revlon polish.





HERE ARE THE COMPARISON SWATCHES. The O.P.I. Ski Teal We Drop is on my thumb. The camera doesn't really pick up the difference between the polishes.



No comments:

Post a Comment