Monday, January 16, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Nighttime Party Outfit and Makeup


I just thought I'd share the outfit and makeup I chose to go out to dinner. I paired the $50 KAS dress I got at sample sale with $25 sterling silver Tree of Life earrings from CherryRoseDesigns.
(Link to Sample Sale Report: http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2011/12/one-block-sample-sale-marathon-kas.html)


I was kind of playing around with my makeup. I layered a lot of different colors from the Wet n' Wild Lust palette but I wasn't really happy with the effect so I threw the lighter shade from L'Oreal's HiP duo in Electrified on top. I also used NYX's Root Beer as a blending shade but it's not strictly necessary. I could have probably achieved the whole thing with just the Electrified palette. I used Fairydrops mascara on my top lashes (though I have major issues with it so I'm not recommending it) and Clinique mascara on my bottom lashes. I then used Tarte's Dollface blush, ELF's contouring palette, and ELF Beautiful Berry lipstick as a stain. To use ELF lipstick as a stain, I like to prep my lips with Vaseline and then apply the lipstick in a light dabbing motion, almost like you're pushing the color into your lips.










No comments:

Post a Comment