Friday, January 20, 2012

REVIEW of Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub

I'd like to sum up my thoughts on this product in a simple statement. I like it but I don't think it does anything. Let me explain.

Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub is one of many drugstore scrubs that comes packaged attractively and promising something special. The scrub has an almost gel like consistency. It's made up of this blue gel containing very small, white grains and a few larger dark blue particles. When you do as instructed and add water and rub it between your hands it doesn't exactly foam but it forms a little bit of lather...similar to liquid hand soap. When you apply it to your face, you really do get a tingling burst of intensity. It was almost too much the first few times I used it but after I got used to it, I really appreciated the effect. It's great to use for morning showers or if you want to be awakened after you take off your makeup for the day. I don't really know the chemistry behind the product, but the "invigorating" feeling stays until you either dry your face or wash off all the product so I think it might have something to do with a reaction to water.

As for how it operated as a scrub...I wasn't all that impressed. It did not clean out my pores and its debatable whether or not it dried out my skin. I would say, frequent use might dry out your skin so I wouldn't use this everyday. I think 3-4 days a week is fine.

CONCLUSION: This product is kind of a bust. If you like the "invigorating" feel, it's only a few dollars at the drugstore and might be fun to add to your at-home spa experience or to wake you up in the mornings. However, it doesn't really do much to clean or exfoliate my skin so I can't recommend it for that. I think when I use up the container I probably won't repurchase another.

No comments:

Post a Comment