Monday, January 23, 2012

REVIEW Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick


I like Maybelline lipsticks. I'm not sure if they're hydrating or moisturizing but they don't aggravate my dry lips and I like the texture of them. However, these three colors did not work for me.


Pink & Proper
This was not what I was expecting with a name like Pink & Proper. I thought at worst I'd get a girly pink that was a few shades too light. This is a true pink but it's not a color I'd wear to tea or to a job interview. It is shimmery to the extreme. It reminds me of this garish Dior lipstick I wore during one of my proms. I think it'd be hard to wear with a full face of makeup, whether you tried paring it with a neutral or a dramatic eye. It's just too easy for it to look doll-like or cheap. I wouldn't say this is exactly a frosted lipstick but it comes close.


Lips without pigment

Pink & Proper

Pink & Proper

Fruit Punch
Fruit Punch is a darker pink. It doesn't have shimmer but instead what look like particles of glitter. Again, I think it's hard to pair with anything without it looking cheap.


Lips without pigment

Fruit Punch

Fruit Punch

Fruit Punch

Coral Lustre
This is a more buildable color but make no mistake, this is an orange/coral lipstick. Of the bunch, this would be my favorite, but there's still too much shimmer to make it wearable with most of my shimmery eyeshadows.


Lips without pigment

Coral Lustre

Packaging




Basic Swatches

Top to Bottom (Pink&Proper, Fruit Punch, Coral Lustre)



No comments:

Post a Comment