Monday, January 30, 2012

Wet n Wild Spoiled Display Spotted


The Wet n Wild website is annoying to try and navigate so I'm just going to link you to one of my favorite beauty blogs for more info. http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2012/01/closer-look-at-new-spoiled-nail-color.html

I was so excited to see this display at my local CVS. The one at 20 University Place which is always out of everything...in case you live in NY and want to check it out. Well, this time they had the nice big display at the back and it was almost fully stocked. There was a bottle or two of polish for every color in the selection except I think they were out of some of the reds and purples in the pictures on Nouveau Cheap or I probably would have picked them up. Most of the creme colors looked unremarkable but if you wanted to try and find a dupe for other brands, $1.99 is a great deal. What mainly caught my eye were the glitters. There were a handful of them that looked interesting but glitters and I have a complex relationship. I like them in the bottle, but once I take them home and apply them on my nails I fall a little out of love. By the time I'm picking large hex glitter off my nails the honeymoon is definitely over and it takes me a few weeks to get over it. As you might have read in my recent update, I have a big stash of polishes I need to get through so I only picked up two colors, a black creme and polish with red large hex glitter with regular red glitter in a black base. I don't know when I'll test them out but I'll try and make it before next Halloween. Maybe I'll try the combination for Valentine's Day, just to be cheeky. :)

Oh, and Ants in My Pants (terrible name) might be a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Ruby Red Slippers but I don't have the Deborah Lippmann polish to do a comparison. I'm sure if it is, the internet will soon be flooded with comparisons.






No comments:

Post a Comment