Sunday, January 29, 2012

REVIEW of Zoya's Neeka


Zoya's Neeka is a deep purple polish with gold shimmer and tiny flecks of red. It is much less remarkable than I thought it would be when I ordered it. It is a regular purple, not a vampy almost-black or a pale lilac. However, I can really say if it's blue-toned or red-toned. In the morning, in direct sunlight, it seems blue-toned and I like it. In dim lighting and at night it seems red-toned and I don't like it all that much. I certainly don't hate it but it isn't all that special. I'm happy I got it at a tremendous discount due to one of their promotions. The shimmer really isn't all that captivating or even apparent in direct sunlight so I'm kind of at a loss as to why so many bloggers were gushing about it when it first came out. The formula is lovely. Smooth, really easy to deal with, 3 coats to opacity. The only thing I didn't like about application was the horrible smell. This polish had a very strong odor that didn't wear away after hours and frequent hand-washing. I did my nails at night and the smell had faded by the morning when I woke up.

Conclusion: Overall, I like this polish. The formula was good and it's a decent purple. But I'm not going to repurchase it and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone thinking they're going to get something spectacular after seeing someone else's great swatches. Trust me, these swatches are plenty accurate. The shimmer isn't that special.









Update: As I was cleaning my nails, I saw a decent amount of glitter buried under the purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment