Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Failed Products

Sometimes it's easier to do a little recap of items I've tried and didn't like. If you can't say anything nice, why go on and on about it?

Benefit's They're Real Mascara- I'd like to be a Benefit kind of girl. Their packaging is very attractive and there's just a lovely vibe to the brand. But so far, the only Benefit product I own and like is their Ooh La Lift highlighter. I tried with this mascara. I sincerely tried. But this product was a complete failure for me. The curl I had achieved with my eyelash curler promptly straightened out as soon as the product was on. I tried applying a little less (wiping the brush off almost entirely) and the curl stayed a bit at the end but the rest of the lash was straight. Also, I just couldn't really get an effect I liked with this. Unlike my aggravating L'Oreal mascaras which produce great volume or length but never dry and leave crazy lady smudges throughout the day...Benefit's They're Real Mascara gave me dark, spiky, hard lashes that also left crazy lady smudges throughout the day. No thank you.



Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover- One word. Useless. I grabbed this at the last second because I needed another few dollars to qualify for VIB status. But I had to return it.
  • Pros: Didn't sting my eyes, reasonably gentle, not too greasy
  • Cons: Small opening (probably meant for small cotton makeup wipes/pads), not effective on waterproof mascara, not effective on Maybelline gel eyeliner, small container (less product than drugstore brands)
Givenchy Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick in 02 Beige Champagne- I didn't hate this lipstick. It just wasn't worth keeping. I actually liked the color which is similar to my natural lipcolor but a little darker/more pigmented. It was reasonably moisturizing though not great. It just didn't look spectacular on my lips. It sank in and accentuated lines. It would be horrible to wear on dry or chapped lip. I could get drugstore lipsticks that performed equally well or better. Loved the packaging but it's not worth carrying around a mediocre product just to own an expensive brand.

Pictures: http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2011/11/sephora-friends-and-family-sale-haul.html

YSL Rouge Pur Couture SPF 15 Pure Colour Satiny Radiance in 6 Rouge Bergamasque- Ugh. Oh, I hated this lipstick. My lips aren't very pigmented and my skin is pretty light but this just looked terrible. I can't imagine who this shade and this consistency/texture would work for. It was way too light in color and almost greasy/slimy instead of actually moisturizing. It just felt unpleasant. This also wore horribly, accentuating anything wrong with my lips and letting my natural lip color show through in patches/lines. Stay away from this.

Pictures: http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2011/11/sephora-friends-and-family-sale-haul.html

No comments:

Post a Comment