Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Review of OPI's Ski Teal We Drop with Swatches

I know this is an older shade (not from any new collections) but I still think it's very beautiful and shouldn't the point be to find something you love instead of flitting from product to product just to try new things? I mean, that's always been my philosophy. Because this is an older shade and it seems to be popular I'll keep this review short. Well, I'll try. I always start out with the best of intentions. :)

Formula: Formula and application were absolutely beautiful. I picked this up at Beauty35 in NYC but I know it's available online and it may be available at specialty beauty stores though I never see it in drugstores. The bottle appeared brand new but even if it wasn't the formula was gorgeous. It applied like a dream. No mess, no fuss, even when painting with my nondominant hand. It just glided on. I really don't know what to say. It was that perfect.

Color: I was ready to squee and do a little happy dance once this color dried. FINALLY, a true teal! In case you don't know, teal is my favorite color. It wasn't too dark, it wasn't too light. Absolutely perfect. It is a darker teal which I assume is supposed to read as containing more blue than green because that's the way it appears in the bottle. I got this color mainly in bright sunlight and fluorescent lighting. At other times I saw a bit more green, maybe if the lighting was darker. In very dark lighting, it deepens to almost a navy. Still, I think it looked gorgeous in every type of lighting. I tend not to add another coat of colored varnish or another coat of top coat once I've finished painting my nails unless I do something stupid like slam my finger in a drawer or something that ruins the polish. Thus, after about 2 weeks of wear, I did find that the color was fading to more of the green/navy shades.

And now, time for swatches! I struggled to get color-accurate swatches. I think these are pretty but there are plenty of good swatches online. I always check out a few blogs before committing to a color and I suggest doing the same. If you notice a ridge in one of my nails, it is because I cut my nail with a scissor by mistake while grooming my dog. It chipped off a tiny bit of polish but I just added another coat and went on with life as this was during Thanksgiving vacation.





Clothing Matching Tip: A new thing I thought of adding to these reviews... I would pair this polish with just about any color. Bold colors can work for a simple silhouette and a color-blocking, minimalistic vibe. Dark colors and neutrals will make this color pop. However, my absolute favorite combination is pairing this polish with a white dress with a floral print. The color pops, plus you've got edge and sophistication. Try it out. You won't be disappointed. A floral print with bold, summer/exotic flower colors works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment