Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mini Assorted Haul: Drugstore and Forever21

Hi chickadees!

I feel like I haven't done a haul in forever. Partially it's that I'm not buying as much now and the other issue is that when I am buying things I will usually just get a handful of things and I forget to put them all together in one big haul. But anyway, these are all the items I picked up recently from CVS, Duane Reade, and Forever21. Let me know if you'd like me to do more haul posts or just stick to reviewing the items one by one once I've tried things out.

Let's start with Forever21. I have been looking at this online for some time due to my new obsession with Tiffany key necklaces but I wasn't sure if it would look as nice in person or if I'd be happy with the size. Cut to a few days ago when I went into Forever21 on a mission and happily found this necklace and fell in love with it. I definitely recommend going to the Union Square store to check it out or purchasing it online. I might even go back and pick up more as gifts. DidI mention it's only $5.80?



Another necklace I saw online and decided to pick up while at Forever21. I like slightly unconventional jewelry.
 
Continue reading for makeup...

These Confetti polishes are from an excursion to CVS. Saw them, wanted them, had to leave with them. And Confetti polishes are super inexpensive so no guilt. I do wish I could find more bottles of Confetti "Rhapsody in Blue" so I can stock up.

I picked I <3 U, a shimmery, frosty white because it reminds me of a color I used to wear. That and I think it might be interesting to layer it with my glitter topcoats.



Debutante is such a great name for a polish. I hope this one lives up to that posh promise. It looks a little more delicate than Penny Talk and the gold polishes I've used in the past. I think I'll be better able to describe the color once I actually have it on my nails.



Lonesome Dove. What an adorable name for a gray polish. I have so much gray/beige in my collection right now that I need to get around to testing it or fall is going to be over before I run through it all. Still, I couldn't resist this one. I will be especially pleased if it turns out to be a dupe for or better than one of the more expensive polishes I have.


And finally I picked up a Wet n' Wild blush in Heather Silk. It seems like it's going to be super pigmented. I swatched it, and it is a beautiful deep pink. I'm usually scared of red/deep pink/purple blushes...basically anything darker than light pink or coral because I'm not that careful when applying blush and my placement isn't always great. Still, this seems like a great way to test out a darker color. I think it retails for $2.99.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment