Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Shades of Gray Nail Polish Comparison

Hi darlings,


I want to clarify something before we get started. I have not, nor do I ever plan to read 50 Shades of Grey. I am completely fine with Fanfiction, but bad writing offends my delicate sensibilities. I decided to do this comparison because I seem to have been collecting gray nail polish lately and couldn't decide what to paint on my nails next. Spoiler for an upcoming review/comparison I used Zoya Dove on one hand and Confetti Lonesome Dove on the other.

I'm going to keep this short as I don't have much to say on formula. I think it's only fair to do a full manicure or at least one hand to really judge how a polish performs. I will tell you that I did three coats of each polish except OPI MY Pointe Exactly. I applied 5 coats of that polish because it is sheer and I wanted to get it opaque enough to do more of a color comparison. For the most part, they all applied pretty smoothly, but again, it's hard to tell on just one nail.

For reference...
thumb- OPI My Pointe Exactly 5 coats
pointer- Zoya Dove 3 coats
middle- Confetti Lonesome Dove 3 coats
ring- L'Oreal Greycian Goddess 3 coats
pinky- Zoya Loredana 3 coats

SWATCHES












No comments:

Post a Comment