Friday, September 28, 2012

What Goes Around Comes Around SAMPLE SALE REPORT

Hi chickadees!

I know it's been forever since my last sample sale report (sorry about that) but I absolutely had to cover this one. When it comes it sales, if there's one thing I love almost as much as a bargain, it's proximity. I've trekked out to too many sales in the middle of nowhere not to appreciate the convenience. Anyway, I have returned with good news and lots of pictures.

So the good news...
The store is very spacious and there is A LOT of merchandise. Coats, vests, blouses, shirts, skirts, scarves, shoes, jewelry, belts, etc. etc. There's also a decent amount on offer for both men and women though I'd say women's clothing dominates. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I think I counted about 5 or 6 people on the floor which was fine given the amount of traffic. The store is huge (you'll get a better idea of that in the following pictures) but I don't think more than 20 shoppers were in there when I stopped by around 12.

More good news? Well, there's a wide price range which increases the chances you'll find something you like within your budget. I didn't really see any designer goods (though one of the salespeople mentioned some Chanel they hadn't sold in their regular stores) but there is a lot of vintage. From the things I looked at, prices went from $10 for scarves to $350 for a vintage dress but each thing is priced individually like in a store. This isn't one of those sales where all the skirts are $30, or all the jackets are $50, etc. So, I do suggest clearing out some time if you want to dig for the deals.

Any bad news? Well, some of the goods were damaged so it's going to be important to examine the merchandise before you buy and make sure if it is damaged that it's something you can live with.

Sale Info: Friday September 28-Sunday September 30
440 Lafayette St. Daily 11am-10pm

And now for the pictures... (I will also be telling you more about the prices)





$350

Scarves. I checked some of the tags and I think they were mostly $20. Varied patterns and textures.



There were a ton of jackets and coats and a lot of leather jackets (which made me happy). Of course there were more standard designs than this but this one was $25 so...

There were also longer jacket/trench coat hybrids.

$50



This was another one of the very vintage-looking vintage pieces. Along with the leather those were really the most expensive items. Most things were pretty affordable all things considered.




Skirts were another option for smaller budgets. There were quite a few for $15 mixed in with ones around $100 throughout the store.





Bins! I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I hate diving through bins. I did find 2 nice scarves in here though.

They also had merchandise with "What Goes Around Comes Around" labels which I'm assuming are their own designs.



Let me know in the comments if you'd be interested in seeing my purchases and I may do another post showing you what I bought.

Hope you enjoyed this and that a few of you manage to check out the sale.

Happy shopping!
Cat
 

1 comment: