Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Drugstore Product Stalking: Target 789 Mission Street (Part One)

Hello bumblebees,

I was able to spare an hour or so to browse a Target on my recent trip to San Francisco and decided to share my findings with you. I have to say I'm terribly jealous of you West Coasters if this Target is indicative of your drugstores and beauty supply stores. I found a great selection of items with a fair amount of new displays and well-stocked shelves that didn't house opened and/or tested and swatched products. If you'd like to see what I actually bought I will be posting a haul post soon.

Because there ended up being so many photos, I've decided to split this post into two separate posts.
I thought I'd start off with one of the products I was most excited to see. I've been trying to hunt down a pot of Vaseline lip therapy in rosy lips for months. There are plenty of them in stock at this Target for $1.77.

It took all of my willpower to put down this pack of Disney princess lipsmacker lip glosses. But Reason had to step in and remind me that I'd only be buying these glosses for the packaging. This set is currently selling for $10.99.

I'm personally not a gel polish girl but a lot brands have their versions of at home gel polish or base coat/top coat sets now and apparently L'Oreal has also decided to join the at home gel manicure game. I didn't find any of the colors in this display that unique or appealing but it may just be that they mostly seem to be darker fall shades and I'm just about ready to transition into spring. 
They are selling the primer and glaze as a set for $12.99.
The actual polishes were being sold for $8.79 which seems rather expensive to me. I'm not sure if that's indicative of a price hike for this line of polishes or just a markup for this particular Target.



Here are the Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color glosses I featured in a previous Drugstore Product Stalking post in a full display. I'm curious about the formula and pigmentation of these polishes so if you've tried them, let me know what you think about them in the comments. $8.59 also seems a little expensive for these smaller glosses given that Maybelline makes larger glosses containing more product that sell for a similar price. 



I also found a display for the Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick collection "The Buffs." Personally I hate nude shades so I passed by this display pretty quickly. 


I've never been the biggest fan of Almay. I can't think of a single Almay product I've ever purchased and I don't think I've ever given their products a second look on the shelves. But this display caught my attention. You don't often see bright shades like this sold outside of palettes. Again, if you've tried any of these eyeshadows, let me know what you thought of them in the comments below. I'm especially curious about shade 125 Creme Brulee. These single eyeshadows were listed at $5.49.



Another Almay display to catch my attention was this line of lip glosses. I think I've seen one or two beauty bloggers or beauty gurus mention them but they haven't been getting a lot of buzz. The shades seem vibrant and interesting in the tube but I think I'll have to hear more about the formula before committing to a purchase.



These were my four favorite shades. I let them all go in the hopes that they'll be on sale somewhere else soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment