Thursday, March 6, 2014

Drugstore Product Stalking: Target 789 Mission Street (Part Two)

Hello ladybugs,

Unfortunately almost right after posting part one of this Drugstore Product Stalking post, my laptop started to malfunction again and I can no longer connect to my home network for some godforsaken, unexplained reason. Thankfully, I can still get all the photos off my laptop which is why I'm able to still bring you this half of the post, though I'm going to be putting posts out a little more slowly until I can get the problem resolved. But enough of that for now. Let's get on with it, shall we?

I thought I'd start off with this Revlon eyeshadow palette. I tend to find a lot of the Disney-inspired makeup collections (e.g. the collaborations with elf and Sephora) to be disappointing aside from the packaging but this just strikes me as the perfect eyeshadow set for Ursula, don't you think?
This Target also had all of the Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balms and Matte Balms in stock. I checked out a few of the colors and for the most part they didn't appear to have been opened and swatched or tested. They were selling for $7.99. That's not a terribly competitive price so I'd wait for a coupon or sale. 



I also saw displays for some of the new Maybelline releases. I find the name "Master Hi-light" kind of confusing and misleading but the Maybelline website describes these as blushes and bronzers. They say you can use the individual colors or swirl all the colors together but I don't know anyone who applies bronzer, blush, or highlighter with an eyeshadow brush which is really what you'd need to apply a single color given the size of this palette. I think you'd have the best luck using the palettes with more pink panels as blush and the palettes with more brown panels as bronzer.

These Maybelline Masterglaze sticks are also a type of blush. 

Nail polish displays can be tricky and I'm not familiar enough with Maybelline Colorshow to know if these are all from a new collection but I'd assume so.
I also found a few random clearance items, as you do. There was this eyeshadow palette in Twilight Rays for $5.58.

And these Revlon nail art duos for $5.58. 

I also located all of the new Sally Hansen Triple Shine polishes. I also found them at a local CVS but I didn't remember to write down the price to compare. There are actually a few polishes in this line that I wouldn't mind trying out. 






I was particularly drawn to Dream Sequins but I'm not sure if it's meant to be fully opaque on its own or if it's supposed to be used as a top coat. If any of you have tried it, let me know what you thought about it in the comments below.
How cute are these Minnie Mouse lip glosses?
They were being sold in a set a four different shades for $9.79.
And one of the shades was being sold on its own for $3.48.


This Target also had the new Revlon by Marchesa beauty tools. In person, they're rather underwhelming, especially compared to how nice the nail appliques were. But I suppose if you're getting these tools anyway, you might as well get the Revlon by Marchesa ones if they're not that much more expensive.



The Essie encrusted treasures collection with the much maligned Belugaria was selling for the shocking $10.99 each.
There was also a full range of the Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Sticks for $9.99 each. I still love lip crayons but the recent influx of lip crayons over the past year or two from almost every brand has me feeling a little burned out. Unless one of you tells me that I need to try these, I think I'll sit this one out.





No comments:

Post a Comment