Sunday, March 9, 2014

Marais Sample Sale Report March 2014

Hello chickadees,

I just got back from the Marais Sample Sale being held at 355 Bowery. It's a one day only sale, closing at 5 pm, so if you're interested in shopping it, you should probably leave as soon as possible. I arrived at 10:26 am for the 11:00 am sale to find out I was the first to arrive. By the time the sale opened, seven or eight girls had joined me in line but for the most part, during the fifteen to twenty minutes I was at the sale, I don't think it was ever so busy that people were getting in each other's way.

The merchandise is arranged by size from size 6 to size 11. Of course the number of pairs of shoes and the style varies from size to size. I would say sizes eight and below would probably fair best but if you see something you like in the photos, it's worth popping by the sale if you're in the area. There were no clear demarcations between each section so bear in mind that some of the shoes that are in the photos for size 6 might actually be size 7, etc. As for the prices, from the selection in the size 8 section I would guess that any flats would probably be $10 or $20 and any wedges, heels, or half boots are likely to be $30 or $45.
SIZE 6
SIZE 6
SIZE 6
SIZE 7
SIZE 7
SIZE 7

SIZE 7
SIZE 7
SIZE 7
SIZE 7
SIZE 7
SIZE 7
Even though there's no way I could walk in stiletto heels this high it kind of killed me that this pair of heels was a size 7 and not an 8. 
SIZE 8 

SIZE 8 
SIZE 8 
SIZE 8 
SIZE 8 
SIZE 8 
SIZE 8 

(I seem to have forgotten to photograph the size 9 section. Sorry about that!)

SIZE 10
SIZE 11
There were also some patterned stockings available at the checkout for $20.

They are accepting credit cards but the minimum is $30 so if you don't think you'll be walking out with multiple pairs of shoes, it'd probably be a good idea to bring along some cash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment