Friday, March 28, 2014

Peter Som Sample Sale Report March 2014

Hello raindrops,

I know this is rather late in the day to be posting a report for a sample sale that's closing in a few hours but I thought at the very least, it would be good to have this sale for my archives. If you are interested in the sale though, run to 611 Broadway (suite 828) because the sale closes today at 7:30 pm.

UPDATE: Racked NY reports that the sale is reopening for one more day. Today March 31 the sale will open once more at 10:00 am and close at 7:30 pm. Apparently there will be further discounts but I compared the prices they listed and the only change from the prices I have here is that skirts and pants are now $40 whereas before they were $50.


I thought the pricing was fair for a high end designer brand like Peter Som. Of course, as with any sale, there are going to be pieces that are worthy of the prices and those that aren't. Personally, I thought there were enough embellished and well-made pieces to warrant the trip, even though this is a relatively smaller sale. I did RSVP but it was a fairly quiet sale and no one was checking names.
This was the makeshift dressing room they provided in their office. 
All of the garments I looked at didn't have any size labels. If you don't have a good eye for this kind of thing, I'd recommend just taking the chance and trying things on. I would say that like a real sample sale, the sizes run small but it's not like it's all 0's and 2's. I would say 4's and 6's have a chance of finding something that fits at this sale but if you're larger than a 6, you probably won't have much luck.

Clothes are arranged by type so pants, skirts, jackets, blouses, and dresses are grouped in their own sections. When I went by this afternoon the swimwear was almost completely gone.
The skirts were sturdier than I expected them to be. There definitely seemed to be some fall pieces with thick wool and velvet skirts in the mix. 

The skirts were mainly in neutral colors but there were a few standout pieces. There was a beautiful red skirt in what looked like organza but it definitely looked like a 2. 



There was a wide range of styles in the dress section which could be a good thing or a bad thing. I don't think these styles are for everyone but they could be perfect for someone.









Sadly, I didn't find anything at this sale (and the polish was nowhere to be found) but the other women shopping with me walked out with a few pieces so if you're a size 0-6 and you're a fan of Peter Som, maybe consider hopping on the subway before they close up shop for the day.

P.S. I went by Nonoo as well. I was underwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment