Tuesday, March 25, 2014

REVIEW of Zoya Odette With SWATCHES

Hello my lovely cygnets,
I didn't think I was going to have a chance to bring that back after my Orly Lucky Duck review but then I got Zoya Odette in my February ipsy glam bag. Odette was released as part of the Zoya Naturel collection which, let's be honest, didn't make much sense. It was bad. It was a bad collection. Odette is not a color I would have chosen for myself and I ended up having mixed feelings about it. After that stunningly compelling tease, let's get into the actual review.

Color: Zoya Odette is a dusty red-toned purple creme polish. I would describe it as a very dry color. It's muted without being dull. As a purple, I'd say it sits in that space between the light lilacs and lavenders that get released in the spring collections and the rich and dark purples that get released in the winter collections.
Formula: Zoya Odette has a thinner formula.
Application: The formula is very fluid and liquid-y. The first coat went on smoothly though it was noticeably thin and sheer. The second coat glided nicely without drag but I did have to even out the polish with the brush. The polish was actually mostly opaque at two coats but because of the unevenness of the application, there were lighter patches. At three coats, the polish was opaque but again I did have to even it out. Examining the polish afterwards, I did notice there were still patches where the polish wasn't fully opaque.
Wear: There was noticeable tip wear on the first day I wore this polish even though I wasn't doing anything particularly manicure-damaging with my hands. I wore this polish for five days and experienced more tip wear in that time. I seem to be having a bad run of luck with Zoya with Ray and now Odette.

CONCLUSION: I think the color is fine but I'm not in love with it which is to be expected when you don't choose a polish for yourself. You do have to even out this polish and while it is manageable it isn't ideal. Those two factors lowered my opinion on this polish but with the poor wear, I just find it difficult to recommend this polish.

Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you would like to help support this site, please consider making your next purchase at amazon.com through the links on my page. I will get a small percentage of anything you purchase through one of my links at no extra cost to you.

SWATCHES







No comments:

Post a Comment