Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Feather Manicure Attempt

Hi chickadees!

I thought I'd just quickly share some pictures from my attempt to do a feather nail art design. First of all, I wanted to see what I could do with my fan brush because I never use it for anything when I'm painting. I can actually get a brushstroke I like, but for some reason it doesn't translate onto the nails. I think it might be because my nails are curved and you can't get the same feather effect you would when you drag the brush over a flat surface. Anyway, for this look I started with Confetti polish in Debutante as a base. I used black acrylic paint and a fan brush to make the feather pattern. Then I went over that with Essie Licorice (black polish) and my Maybelline eyestudio gel liner brush. Then I used that same brush and Zoya Breezi to make large blue dots. And then I finished it with a white striper to make a speckled pattern.

And here is the result.










No comments:

Post a Comment