Friday, November 2, 2012

Seche Vite on Seche Vite

Hi chickadees!

In my nail polish reviews I sometimes mention the top coat I use, which is almost without fail, Seche Vite. But I know  some members of the beauty community have a problem with it, especially due to the warning label that appears on some bottles. For the sake of all the nail polish addicts out there, I thought I'd post the response I got from Seche Vite's customer service. I've posted the message in its entirety without any editing.

Dear Cat,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We understand your concern regarding the ingredient Toluene in our Seche Vite topcoat.

Please note that when used as intended and directed Seche is completely safe. Like other chemicals, toluene can be harmful when abused or used in a manner for which it is not intended. When deliberately inhaled through "sniffing" or "huffing," toluene can be harmful to developing fetuses. It can cause dizziness and nervous system depression.

The warning that appears on the Seche Vite label is required under California Prop 65, which is part of the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 which was intended to protect California citizens and the State's drinking water sources from chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm, and to inform citizens about exposures to such chemicals. California is the only state that requires this warning.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment