Friday, November 30, 2012

Marc Jacobs Dot Perfume Set

Hello darlings!

I thought you might like to see the Marc Jacobs Dot perfume set I picked up at Sephora during Cyber Monday... and hear a little about my journey towards getting this set.

First, I saw the bottle in advertisements. Then, I saw it at Bloomingdale's. It is stunningly striking and adorable. But still I resisted. I told myself that Marc Jacobs perfumes (Daisy, Lola) smell terrible on me for some reason and that Dot would be no different. Then Dot appeared at Sephora and of course I asked for a sample. As you do. And wouldn't you know it, it actually stays true to the fragrance in the bottle on me, and it develops nicely as the day goes on. I don't know much about perfume so I'm not going to try and go into describing it. I just know what I like and what gives me a headache and what smells like something has spoiled and what punches you in the head with scent. What was I talking about again? Oh, right.

So, I pinned (on Pinterest) the image of the 1.7 oz size bottle of Dot and began to wait for the Sephora Friends and Family Sale. As you all probably know, that didn't go how we were all expecting. So I waited again, after news came out that there would be something for VIBs and (maybe?) Beauty Insiders. Well, now that all Thanksgiving sales are over, we've all gotten the message in our inboxes, for BI's it's $15 off your order of $50 or more. But I didn't know that was coming during Thanksgiving weekend and I was getting antsy.

So I logged onto Sephora during Black Friday at 12:01 and got the following page.
But at 12:14 am I finally got to the main page. All the Black Friday $10 were available so I threw one or two in my cart. And I was about to check out. But something held me back.

Flashforward to me sitting down to Holly Ann-AeRee's youtube video about Ebates and signing up immediately. 10% off my order? YES. 

And that I why I'm now in possession of a $72 Marc Jacobs Dot Perfume set (only a few dollars more than the $69 1.7 oz bottle it contains). And now, finally it's time for pictures.












No comments:

Post a Comment