Friday, December 16, 2011

CVS Sale Mini Haul (L'Oreal Hip duo, Rimmel eyeshadow palettes)

My experience with the CVS clearance sale isn't nearly as magical as everyone else's. The discounted items at my local CVS were labeled with either a 50% sticker or a 75% sticker. However, there were less than 10 items in total and nothing particularly desirable. Because I love my L'Oreal Hip duo in Electrified so very, very much, I picked up the only nice Hip shade available, which is a light pink/black duo called "Dashing". It doesn't seem very pigmented swatching it, but maybe I'll change my mind when I apply it.

PACKAGING




The shadows swatch exactly as they appear in this last photo. The pink swatches a little better but they are both pretty pigmented when applied. However, I think I'll be returning this one. I really don't need another black shadow when my NYX single eyeshadow works so well and the pink is very difficult to pull off. I slathered on primer, but I still found my skin color peeking through in patches making this look less like eyeshadow and more like inflammation or illness. Also, I really don't think the two colors go together when applied on the eyelid.
I didn't get anything else, but I did pick up two of the new Rimmel eyeshadow palettes in the shape of the flag. They are very cheap (around $5-$6) AND they were buy one get one half off this week. So...yay for regular beauty sales! I haven't really played around with these yet, but I am a little worried about maneuvering my brushes around this cute little design.

PACKAGING


English Oak (browns/pinks)



Green Park (greens/browns)

SWATCHES (I will add some swatches when the lighting is better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment