Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Review of O.P.I's I Vant to Be A-Lone Star with SWATCHES


I know I should get around to doing reviews of more current nail polishes, but I'm very particular about what I wear during exams. It needs to be something pretty so I don't obsess over how much I hate the color, but it can't be anything too distracting. O.P.I.'s "I Vant to Be A-Lone Star" fits the bill perfectly. And I actually think that it's a perfect winter color too. It reminds me of the shimmery light blue that often gets paired with snowflakes on wrapping paper. It seems like the kind of color that might get reflected off of a snowflake if the light hit it at the right angle. The color is a magical light blue. The shimmer makes it seem like its almost silver. In lower lighting, it grays out a bit. Anyway, I happen to love the color. I think it would look great on very light skin tones and very dark skin tones. I would be wary about the middle range of skin tones. You need to consider the tones in your skin, if you're a medium range skin tone and you want to try this color. It's a very cool color. If silver jewelry looks better on you than gold, go right ahead. Also, in that vein, I would definitely try pairing this with a shimmery, sequined silver dress for the holidays. I wasn't crazy about the formula on this one. The brush was a little streaky and it was just a hassle to work with. You can't tell in the pictures, but the layers aren't entirely even. It pretty much evens out after 3 coats and the addition of a top coat, but if you're a perfectionist, it might still bother you.

CONCLUSION: I might repurchase this for the color but if I could find a dupe, I wouldn't bother.
 
SWATCHES







No comments:

Post a Comment