Friday, December 30, 2011

REVIEW of Zoya's Trixie with SWATCHES

I really wanted to choose something from my collection that I hadn't tried yet that would look appropriate for a New Year's Eve party. I came up with Zoya's Trixie with a special accent nail I'll talk about later. Now, I don't know when you'd pull out Zoya's Trixie except for a holiday party...which is probably why I haven't worn it before now. It's very shimmery and glittery and it certainly grabs your attention. It's not a quiet silver like Milani's Ms. Milani. I don't think it goes with my skin tone as there's almost something warm about the silver. I think maybe it has something to do with the way the glitter picks up the light. Also, I'm not in love with the glitter. It creates an odd effect. It's almost like my nails look greasy. Application was great. It wasn't perfectly smooth and it takes a little while to dry. You should definitely give it some time in between coats. Otherwise, I had no issues. You would think that the glitter would make mistakes more apparent and increase streakiness but in fact it was the opposite. After two coats, the glitter was almost settling itself into a smooth finish. I did 3 coats just to fill everything in as it's almost like painting with glitter instead of polish so I wanted to make sure I was getting even, opaque layers.

For the accent nail, I went back to the bottle of Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe that I haven't touched in ages. I thought I'd just do a quick layer to look like confetti but here's how that turned out.
Streaky mess

So I just did 3 layers to even out the streaks and layered Milani's Jewel FX in Gold on top.




OK, here are all the swatches of the final look.










No comments:

Post a Comment