Monday, December 26, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things...

I thought I would share a few of my favorite discoveries this year to launch into 2012.

Chloe perfume by Chloe http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P256308&categoryId=C22090


I am not an expert on perfume but I do believe in being confident in what you like and Chloe perfume is a perfect example of that for me. I first discovered it at Sephora months ago in the summer and I think I've taken home maybe 3-4 little sample sprays before finally committing to getting my own 1 oz bottle in a recent Sephora sale. The thing I love the most about this perfume goes beyond the floral notes of Rose, Pink Peony, Freesia, Lychee, Magnolia Flower, and Lilly of the Valley, and of Cedarwood, Amber, Honey because honestly, I can't distinguish all those scents. To me, it just smells pretty, feminine, and floral. No, what I love is that this perfume really sinks into your skin and mingles with your body chemistry to create something special. As I wear this perfume, it doesn't wear me. Instead, it deepens from a basic floral into something richer and more sensually feminine while still staying sophisticated. I can wear it to work and class, running errands or to meet someone special. However, as with all perfumes, you need to wear it for a while and see how it settles on your skin. I would definitely suggest getting a sample and testing it out for yourself.


I've included a link to my original review and months later, I still love this product just as much. It is my go to eyeliner, easy to use with the best results. You're not going to do any better than blackest black. It is the perfect finishing touch to my eye makeup looks and the perfect thing for any fan of winged eyeliner. My only additional note would be to wait for those Maybelline BOGO 1/2 off sales to roll around though they are worth the hefty $12 price tag in my opinion.


I love this blush. You know I love this blush. It gives me (fair, Asian skin) a lovely, natural flush and it is generally my everyday blush and has been since I got it at Sephora. It is easy to work with, gives great results, and lasts all day.


Where else other than e.l.f cosmetics are you going to get a $3 bronzer/blush duo that works this well? Before I got my Tarte blush, I used to use the blush and didn't really have any issues with it though it isn't as pigmented as I would like. However, the bronzer is magnificent. I think it works perfectly with Asian skintones or any light skintone with a bit of yellow instead of red as a base. I tap a little onto my e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/brushes/single-brushes/powder_brush and sweep it under my cheekbones and slightly up, to make them look a little higher, and then tap again and sweep the color along my jawline and down my neck. I think every girl needs this in her kit.


Covergirl Natureluxe glossbalm in Marble and Peony:



Why do I mention these in just about every makeup look? Because they are just that amazing. I have very dry lips and Covergirl natureluxe glossbalm is the one product that works for me 100% of the time. They are super moisturizing and Marble and Peony are just the perfect colors. Marble is your basic my lips but better sheer, brightening pink and Peony is the perfect pop of red which you can wear as a sheer red or build up to a brighter color.

Favorite Nail Polishes of the Year: O.P.I.'s Ski Teal We Drop and Essie's Sew Psyched


I know neither of these are new but they were my favorites for fall and winter. Beautiful formula and great colors for my skin tone and the season.

L'Oreal Paris HiP Studio Secrets Professional Metallic Shadow in 510 Electrified: http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2011/12/review-of-loreal-paris-hip-studio.html




I love the shimmery color in this palette. The formula is amazing, buttery and smooth. The color is just magical. This is my new favorite eyeshadow. If I lost all of my eyeshadows, this is the first one I would go out to repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment