Monday, December 26, 2011

Review of Lush's Christmas Eve Bubble Bar

[Christmas_Eve_4ae5a4e17c2be.jpg]


Image Credit: http://schoee.blogspot.com/2009/12/review-lush-christmas-christmas-eve.html

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates! Sorry I haven't checked in lately. I've been spending time with my family and recuperating from finals. I was going to do some eye makeup looks but my eyebrows are a little scary after threading so I'm waiting for the skin to heal.

As a treat to myself, I went into Lush and picked up this Christmas Eve Bubble Bar. It seemed appropriately festive and is supposed to contain jasmine and ylang ylang scent, both of which I love. I used about 1/2 - 2/3 of the bubble bar for my first attempt and I was less than impressed. When you crumble the bar under the water (it takes a little muscle), it bubbles up into this rich, foaming lather. However, the scent is fairly undetectable. I sniffed. I strained. But I couldn't smell jasmine or ylang ylang. The most I got was a very faint, clean and pretty smell. Which, given the contents of most bath products these days, smelled basically like soap. Also, the bubbles quickly dissipated within maybe 5 minutes. I used to get better results when I was younger and using generic bubble bath products. The water did seem to thicken so I was hoping for some moisturizing benefits but my skin feels very dry now that I'm out of the bath. The very faintest scent of the bubble bar is clinging to my skin but I don't think it's meant to act as a perfume and it's fading quickly as I'm typing this.

Thus, I really can't recommend this product. It doesn't enhance your experience in the bath, it doesn't do anything for your skin, and it doesn't really leave a noticeable scent.

I may return to Lush to try out Cinders or So White but I'm less than enthusiastic after this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment