Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why You Should Pick Up L'Oreal's Magic Perfecting Base at Duane Reade This Week

If you follow my blog, you will have already read about the $2 off coupon for L'Oreal's Magic Perfecting Base in the December issue of Allure. Duane Reade happens to be having a $2 off L'Oreal face makeup sale right now if you use your Flex Rewards card. The combined savings knocks my original price of $13.29 ($14.35 with tax) to $10.51 with tax. It's not a huge discount, but this is already a pretty cheap product as it is a drugstore makeup brand. Unless, you've been saving up your CVS extrabucks, I can't imagine when a better deal is going to come along. Also, since everything seems to be cheaper out of NYC, I imagine the deals will be even better elsewhere. So again, if you've been meaning to try this out, I think this would be a great time. I just picked up my own jar today and I'm already intrigued. I feel there isn't a huge amount of product so I'm going to try and use it conservatively and only on large pores and dry areas as my skin doesn't have too many blemishes and has no discoloration. I will report back soon.

In case you were wondering, the Physicians Formula nude palette went back to CVS today. I just could not deal with weak pigmentation from about 1/2 the palette. Now I just have to decide if it's worth it to spring for the Naked 2 palette.

I was out in the rain today with my Benefit "They're Real" mascara and didn't use an umbrella in the light rain. I ended up with slight smudges, not horrible mascara raccoon-eyes like in all of those romantic comedy crying scenes, but the same sort of slight smudges I would get from my L'Oreal mascaras and the Urban Decay eyeliner pencil that came with my Vegan palette. This is a very strange test run so far. My lashes did immediately lose their curl when mascara was applied though I kept the coat light. I think I'll give it a few more weeks and if things don't work out, I'll switch back to L'Oreal Carbon Black and L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes. I might get some smudges but at least my lashes look gorgeous. I don't know why I have these mascara struggles. If anyone has advice for my stubbornly straight, smudge-inducing Asian lashes, please leave it in the comments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment