Friday, December 9, 2011

Failed Products

Sometimes it's just easier to do a roundup of products than a full review when I don't have anything good to say. The theme song to this post can be found here. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pigw0qtAl4

Oscar Blandi pronto dry shampoo- I'm sure you've seen the mini size at your local Sephora. That's where I first saw it and picked it up. I've tried this again and again and I've finally reached a conclusion...it DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Even less than the guy in Alesha Dixon's song. I get a lemon cleaning-product scent to my hair that prevents me from wearing perfume for the day, NO volume, NO shine, NO conditioning, NO texture, AND recently streaks of dry, white powder. Yay! *sarcasm* Do not get this product.

Maybelline Fit Me Blush in light pink- I have a tiny collection of blushes but on the whole, I play it pretty safe so all I need is my Stila coral self-adjusting blush, my Tarte blush in Dollface, and the blush in my ELF blush/bronzer duo. However, the promise of good drugstore products is hard to resist, so after hearing some good reviews I went to pick this up. The only reason I never returned it was because I got it at a BOGO 1/2 off discount making it a little more than $2 and not worth the effort of going out of my way to walk to my local Rite Aid. Which is now closed. :( Anyway, this blush also DOES NOTHING. I take a bit on my brush and swipe it on my skin, and I can't see a difference. I take a lot and furiously attack the pan to pick up pigment before swiping it on my skin. I see a slight hint of sparkly shimmer.

Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra waterproof mascara (Black)- I had been (and still am) looking for a good mascara that does something for my lashes without smudging. This tinted and darkened my lashes which always get a bit of foundation/primer/eyeshadow on them but DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE. NO volumizing, NO lengthening, NO real curling power. It held the slightest bit of a curl and made my lashes hard and spiky. Exactly what you want in a mascara, right? *sarcasm*

Kate Walsh Boyfriend Eau de Parfum- Do you want to smell like a hooker? If you answered no, then do not buy this product. That is all. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment