Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Favorite Pictures

I don't have any particular skill when it comes to photography but I enjoy it. Here are some of my favorite photos that I've taken.

I was taking the bus home on one of those fall days when you don't realize it's going to get dark as early as it will, and I just looked up and was struck by how gorgeous the clouds looked. It was a windy day and the clouds honestly looked like the big pink marshmallow puffs that float across Impressionist paintings. I had to take a picture.
This is one of those times that my camera surprised me. I've always loved the different tones that get captured in the changing colors of leaves in the fall. I'm just amazed by the clarity in this picture. I feel like I can just step into the picture and breath in the crisp, fall air.


How adorable are all those little birds perched in this bare tree. I love the stark look to this picture. I think it had rained, was raining, or was about to rain.


Doesn't this just look like an enchanted clearing in the forest? Can you believe it's Union Square? I kind of can't wait for spring.
I love the contrast between the foreground and background. I can never figure out exactly how to make this happen with my cheap little camera but when it does, it makes me very happy. Also, I just love the blend of all of these colors.
This is a photo I took in Argentina with the opposite effect in terms of foreground and background.

No comments:

Post a Comment