Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Milani Silver Metallic Nail Polish in 105 Ms. Milani with Swatches

I guess this week you can call me Ms. Milani. That's the name of the new polish I picked up from CVS and I think it's the first Milani product I've used since my black nail polish days in middle school and high school. I would describe the color in the bottle as a sophisticated, metallic, smoky, silver/gray. Like a dove gray with shimmer. On the nails, it is almost white it picks up so much light! But no, it's still a metallic silver. I just love this color. It's casual yet glamorous. I can wear it to work and school because it has the subtlety of a nice, delicate piece of silver jewelry. However, you could also wear it to a holiday party because this polish attracts the eye from across a room. It's that bright and gorgeous when the light hits it. Anyway, on to the review...

Color: The polish appears very shimmery in the bottle but creates an interesting effect on the nails. From a distance, it looks perfectly smooth and sleek, like a shiny new car or a polished piece of metal. Up close, as in 5 inches from your face close, those little shimmer particles make the polish look even more like metal. There's a bit of a grainy, edgy quality to it that I just adore. Warning though, you really need to apply this polish smoothly. I rushed to do my nails the other day and I had to fix them when I got home because the little imperfections were making me crazy. The shimmer makes them very noticeable.

Luckily...
Fomula: The formula is pretty great. It's very pigmented. One coat is almost opaque depending on how you apply it, though I would recommend 2 thin coats. Two coats are perfectly opaque and this is from a committed 3 coater. My one complaint is that the formula is not exactly watery if you take that to mean a lack of color payoff but you do pick up a lot of polish regardless of how you wipe off the brush so I would pause in between brushstrokes to check that all the polish at the top hasn't migrated down the brush before you paint the next brushstroke.This happened to me a few times.

Conclusion: I would definitely repurchase Milani's Ms. Milani polish. It's a great color. The formula is decent. It's appropriate for many situations and especially great for winter (I feel like The Snow Queen). Also, the price is definitely right on this one after shelling out almost twice as much for OPI and Essie. I would recommend this polish if you can do smooth, thin coats, but if you can't you might have to take it to the nail salon and have your nails done which kind of counterbalances the benefit of the low price.

SWATCHES





Clothing Matching Tip: Because it is a metallic silver, it's going to work with any color and liven it up. However, my favorite ideas are pairing it with...
  • black, especially an interesting texture like silk (sensual) or leather (edgy)
  • a bright jewel tone, especially rich sea-colored blues
  • white, for a real frosty, ice queen look

No comments:

Post a Comment