Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanksgiving Post

I just thought I'd share something about my holiday. I went home to the suburbs and enjoyed the foliage and the multicolored leaves (due to all the other pigments in leaves other than chlorophyll which absorb light at different wavelengths) through bouts of sneezing. Here are some pictures just as the sun was rising.




I used to keep a camera by the side of my bed so I could capture the scene outside my window at all hours of the day during all seasons. Oh, and I had a little skylight sleeping in the attic.

I also went to visit Harmon's Face Values discount store. Ah! Some brands, like Physician's formula, OPI, and Essie were just as expensive as in the city, but some of the other prices were amazing and the selection was spectacular for someone stuck with pathetic little drugstore displays in NYC.
Seche Vite for $6.99!!! I shelled out more than $10 with tax and that was after searching every drugstore I could think of before ending up at my neighborhood Duane Reade. Grrr...

So...many...colors... And I finally found another bottle of I'm Not Really A Waitress, which is my favorite red and my mom's favorite pedicure color.

Ah!!!

I didn't really haul anything too interesting. I picked up a very expensive bottle of Orly Bonder to try out compared to my depleted bottle of the Sinful Colors basecoat. I picked up a bottle of Seche Vite ...because I HAD TO at that price. I picked up a L'Oreal nail polish because I can never find them in the city, it was a gold color in 580. The bottle said "Because you're worth it" but I wasn't sure if that was the name or just L'Oreal's slogan. I picked up a NYX single eyeshadow in Root Beer because I have been searching for a good dark matte brown. It was lighter than I had hoped. Maybe I'll pick up the Naked 2 Palette once I can swatch it at Sephora since there are supposed to be some good dark colors in it. Anyway, of course I picked up OPI's I'm Not Really a Waitress for my mom. Oh, and I had to pick up Covergirl's Natureluxe glossbalm in Marble. I think it was around $5-$6 which is definitely more reasonable than NYC prices for a lipbalm. I should have picked up Covergirl's Natureluxe glossbalm in Peony because I'm now obsessed with using it for pinup/classic Hollywood glam makeup looks. Seriously, run out and get this lipbalm. It is such a pretty, well-pigmented, sexy bright red. And it's moisturizing! Honestly, I feel like I'm trying to use it up just so I can buy another one, that's how much I love it.

I will probably review the L'Oreal nail polish when it's closer to the holidays because it looks like a pretty Christmas/New Year's color. I can try and review and swatch the other things I picked up if you want me to but I'll leave the decision up to you. You can always let me know in the comments if there's a product I mentioned that you want to see swatches or a full review of. OK, off to write an essay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment