Monday, December 26, 2011

REVIEW of L'Oreal Nail Polish in 580 Because You're Worth It with SWATCHES


Now, you would assume that the best selection in a nail polish line would be the one that's actually the slogan for the company. This was my thinking in picking out my first L'Oreal nail polish in a pretty shimmery gold shade in 580 "Because You're Worth It". Now, I'm wary in picking out anything with yellow tones for my Asian skin but I love almost every L'Oreal product I've tried and I was completely charmed by the sleek look of the packaging. If any gold was going to work, it should be this sexy, sophisticated shade, right?

Well...the formula was a big pain in the you-know-what. I don't know if it was the shimmer or the polish itself but I had a hell of a time getting a smooth, even coat. It was 3 coats for opacity but it's still not as opaque as my cream finishes. I don't know, there's just something about this polish that seems a bit off. The color is fine but really doesn't suit my skin tone. It also looks better in certain lighting that others. When it takes on a light gold, shimmery taupe shade it looks fine. In dimmer lighting it looks almost like tarnished gold and it makes my hands look very sallow and dry. Also, I feel like the smoothness of the final coat was more due to my skill than anything in the formula. I think if you have light Caucasian skin, this might look good on you and if you have very dark Indian or African skin this would look beautiful. It just doesn't work for me. Also, I can't recommend it based on the formula.

SWATCHES







No comments:

Post a Comment