Sunday, October 14, 2012

Erica Weiner Sample Sale HAUL

Hi chickadees!

I just thought I'd do a quick post showing you all the things I bought at the Erica Weiner Sample Sale. Admittedly I was kind of in sample sale mode where you happily buy things on sale that are actually a bit more expensive than you'd normally like to pay. But hey, it's Erica Weiner, not Forever21.

First up is this big medallion necklace. I found it among the old $25 stock. I already have a Dannijo necklace like this but in more of a rose gold with a flower pattern but the chain on that one cuts into my neck. (Note to self: get the chain cut and put in a replacement chain) I think the Dannijo necklace was priced similarly $20-$30. I also have a necklace I bought on the street for I think $10-$15 that is supposed to be a watch but doesn't work right so I never end up wearing it because these kinds of necklaces can be rather heavy. 

I love the swirled pattern of this. I like that it isn't too heavy. Erica Weiner jewelry tends to be on the lighter side anyway.


And, for a locket, I like that it is really easy to insert your own pictures and have them remain inside securely. Those rings can be removed. I took out all the pieces inside and I'm going to replace them with my own pictures.

I feel kind of bad paying $25 for this but it is so sweet. I think it would make a great gift. 

There is a sort of hollow filigree heart locket in a tough iron color with a flat gold heart charm. The charm has a key shaped cutout and reads "He Who Holds The Key Can Unlock My Heart."




Then I bought these $10 earrings. I kind of love them and also think they are incredibly tacky. Fleur-de-lis have kind of been adopted in decor as an emblem of nouveau riche opulence. I still think the earrings are cute though. They just don't read as expensive.

Another pair of $10. I feel like I kind of look like a genie when I wear them. They are the same shape I adore in the Alexis Bittar earrings that are too heavy for me so I was thinking of maybe getting tiny rhinestones and DIY-ing them into those Alexis Bittar earrings.

I also bought one of their adorable, delicate name bracelets for my mom but I'm not going to show it to you because I don't want you to know her name. I was mad about finding a name bracelet for myself but the closest I could find was "Kathy" which was annoying to no end. All the other Catherine derivatives in the world will know what I'm talking about. We don't like to be confused for one another. Anyway, I actually discovered the same style of bracelet on Urban Outfitters and on etsy though it may be hard to find the name you're looking for.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=24324683&CAWELAID=1219351681

No comments:

Post a Comment