Thursday, October 25, 2012

REVIEW of Zoya Wednesday With SWATCHES

Hi chickadees!

I think Scrangie said it first, but you'd think a polish called Wednesday (especially considering that all the Zoya polishes are given names) would be inspired by the iconic Wednesday Addams. A cartoon, two television series, and two feature-length films? What other Wednesday were they thinking of? This color wouldn't even fit pseudo-brainwashed Wednesday at summer camp. I had a bit of a gothy, wiccan phase when I was younger and that part of me would have loved to see the depth Zoya could bring to a sexy  dark polish. But, oh well.

Color: This Wednesday polish is a greenish turquoise creme. I wanted to do a comparison with Essie's Turquoise and Caicos since it seems the closest match in my collection. I would guess that it is darker and more muted than Turquoise and Caicos and that it has more of a greenish tint. Do not be fooled by the bright swatches you might see online (like I was). It's not a Tiffany blue/aqua color. There's a lot of green to it and it is not very bright.
Formula: The formula was great. It was almost opaque in 2 coats though I still needed 3 to get it fully opaque.
Application: Application was very smooth when I was painting with my right hand (dominant hand). The polish flowed over the nail very nicely. When I was painting with my left hand things were a little trickier. The brush became a major source of annoyance, the short, stiff bristles making ridges in the polish unless the brush was laid completely flat against the nail. Also, for whatever reason, I feel like the polish was thicker when I painted my with my left hand. I painted each hand on different days because I didn't have the time to complete my whole manicure in one day and when I painted the nails on my right hand (with my left hand) the day after I had done the first hand the polish itself seemed thicker.

CONCLUSION: I do like the color of this polish and while I had issues with my other hand, overall I like the formula. I would recommend this polish if you like the color but I will warn you that the formula can be a little tricky and the brush is annoying.

SWATCHES











No comments:

Post a Comment