Sunday, October 28, 2012

REVIEW of Zoya Natty With SWATCHES

Hi chickadees!

Today I'm going to say something I never thought I'd say. I think I've found a Zoya polish that's comparable to Essie in terms of formula. I was really pleased with Zoya Natty in terms of formula and application though I did have some small issues with the color and wear. Let's break it down.

Color: Zoya Natty is a muted dark blue creme polish. It's very close to navy blue, but it is more muted and dusty and slightly darker. I should know since my old school uniforms were in navy blue. The color reminds me a lot of Essie's Bobbing for Baubles. Remind me to do a comparison in the future. The polish can look like this dusty dark blue outdoors or it can go very dark indoors, but I can still tell that it's blue. It doesn't really ever go to black. While I did like the color, I did notice that in certain lighting it brought out the red in my hands. Otherwise, I think it's a great color for fall. Dark colors like this are the perfect cool girl version of a neutral.
Formula: Amazing. Super smooth. I only needed 2 coats to get it opaque and I'm a three coats of polish kind of girl. A polish really needs to be opaque at 2 coats for me to leave it at two coats. I hold my nails up to the light just to be sure that light doesn't pass through and it stood up to the light test.
Application: Application was super smooth. Like one of the great Essie formulas, the polish just flowed over the nail. Simple, easy, no hassle.
Wear: It does kind of pick up smudges easily. You need to wipe off your nails from time to time to keep that nice, shiny surface.

CONCLUSION: I would definitely recommend this polish based on the formula. If you like this color, I would give this polish a try.


  SWATCHES












No comments:

Post a Comment