Thursday, February 16, 2012

Drugstore Product Stalking: CVS 20 University Place February 16, 2012

Hello, lovelies!

I haven't decided what I'm going to call this new series of posts yet. For right now, you'll be able to find these posts under "drugstore product stalking" in the list of posts along the side of the page. If I end up changing the name, I'll go back and change all the corresponding posts as well. Anyway, there are a bunch of different reasons why I decided to start this series of posts. 1) There are a lot of new beauty products getting released. 2) Here in NY, we seem to get things on a delayed schedule. 3) It's difficult to know where to get the products you want. 4) I scope out drugstores basically every week.

Essentially, for this new series, I'm going to be posting pictures taken in different drugstores around the city so you can get an idea of which stores are most likely to carry the products you want and maybe you can also compare prices (though I thought of the price comparison late in my trip so the prices aren't in all the pictures).

I'm not sure how many of these new Revlon Colorstay quads were released but these are all the ones I've been hearing about, in particular from Amarixe/Allison. Revlon is BOGO 1/2 off this week at CVS so I picked up Addictive and Decadent. These were $8.49 regular price.


I took pictures of these foundations/face products at almost every store I went to. I'm pretty sure they're new. If not, sorry for all the pictures.

This is a decent supply of lip butters for a store in such a busy area. For those of you who don't know, this CVS is right by the main buildings of NYU. They have a random assortment of colors. Usually, I can find the lightest and darkest shades. No Peach Parfait though which is the only one I wanted to grab for the BOGO 1/2 off sale.

I've been seeing the new L'Oreal nail polishes at almost every store. This is not the full collection. I have my issues with the L'Oreal nail polish formula. You can find my reviews if you click the link for L'Oreal along the side of the page.


There were even more Maybelline Color Tattoo's the last time I went but they still have every color except Bad to the Bronze.

Here are the new Maybelline face products. Again, there was a better supply earlier in the week.

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes. There was a display for these at every store I visited though except for Walgreens, which is also having a sale this week on Maybelline, I think there was a decent supply of them. I have heard mixed reviews on this product. I don't really need any more blushes so I probably won't get this...especially considering how little product you're getting for the price.

All the new Maybelline lip products. Based on what I saw at other stores, I don't think this is the full collection.

Finally, the Wet n' Wild Spoiled collection. There were definitely more reds and blues the last time I checked. There was also a really interesting metallic shade but I couldn't find it this time. I also have a review up for two of these polishes. It's difficult to speak to the quality of the formula because the brush is so atrocious. If you do want to get these because they are so cheap, I would recommend using a different brush.

Two of the more interesting colors.





Now, when there's no sale, suddenly all the Rimmel eyeshadows are back in stock. I have a review up for English Oak, which I love despite the annoying packaging. I have yet to play around with the green/brown palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment