Friday, February 3, 2012

REVIEW of Confetti Nail Polish in 104 Rhapsody in Blue


Love the song. Love the name. I am a bit of a music nerd and though I thrive off of powerful and/or emotional female vocals, I have a soft spot for some instrumentals. Rhapsody in Blue is one of them. And luckily, I happen to love this Confetti nail polish almost as much.

This is my first time trying a Confetti nail polish and I have to say I'm impressed. The polish applied smoothly though the formula might seem a tad watery/runny to O.P.I. and Essie devotees and the perfectionist in me must admit that the polish doesn't apply perfectly evenly. I can only tell with my nails about 5 inches or closer to my eyes but you can see the seams/edges where one brushstroke overlaps the other. This is probably due to the polish and not a flaw of the formula as the color falls somewhere between a shimmer and a frost which I find more difficult that creamy formulas.

The color is a nice cool-toned metallic blue shimmer. It's a bit greyed out which makes it look a bit like platinum but it is clearly a blue. The pictures are fairly accurate so I'm going to stop trying to describe it. I'll just say that I love the color though under yellow lighting, it can bring out the red in my hands. This does not happen at any other time.

CONCLUSION: At such a great price and with only minimal formula issues, I would recommend this polish and will probably repurchase it.
SWATCHES


I should note that these swatches in direct sunlight are after almost a week of wear. The weather has been fussy and I've been busy in the mornings so it's been a hassle trying to find the right time to take pictures.





These photos in dimmer lighting were taken a few hours after I painted my nails.



That's the name in teeny tiny letters under the bar code.

No comments:

Post a Comment