Thursday, February 23, 2012

Outfit of the Day and Makeup Look...Sophisticated Grays

I almost forgot I had this. I took some pictures earlier in the week, intending to do an outfit of the day post but I've just been so busy. As time is a mutable, unwieldy quantity on the internet anyway, I'm sure you'll forgive me. We've been discussing Jane Eyre in one of my classes and since the frustrated costume designer in me likes coordinating my outfits to the topics under discussion...I ended up wearing this ensemble. It was the closest thing I had in my closest to Jane's gray dress. I paired it with a fake pearl brooch that isn't in these pictures.

Sorry for the photo quality. I actually take this pictures by facing the camera at the mirror and taking a photo of the reflected image.
Black ruffled top - purchased at TJMaxx, brand: Chenault, $15-$20
Gray pleated skirt with sheer gray overlay and wide black waistband - purchased at Anemone, brand: Peppermint, $14.50
Patterned silk scarf: purchased at TangDance, unsure of brand, $39



on cheeks: Tarte Amazonian clay blush in Dollface

Used: Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe
Revlon Colorstay 16Hr Eyeshadow Quad in Addictive
Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Sapphire (still upset that Sapphire and Forest aren't part of the permanent collection)

Note: I think the slight shimmer is due to a failed look I had tried just before this.

No comments:

Post a Comment