Sunday, February 12, 2012

REVIEW of Milani Nail Polish in 303 Paradise Pink with SWATCHES


Note: On the second nail, I'm wearing Mimosas for Mr. and Mrs. NOT Milani Paradise Pink.

I'm going to keep this review short. This was another polish that I didn't hate, but which had an annoying formula and was the wrong color for me. I absolutely don't regret getting this polish. Milani polishes run about $4.99 here and I got it BOGO 1/2 off with another nail polish. This light pink color is going to be really useful for nail art so it won't go to waste. However, it just clashes terribly with my skintone and the formula was so annoying that after the fourth time trying to paint the nail on my middle finger I just gave up and used Mimosas for Mr. and Mrs. (which is what I currently have on all my nails).

Old Review Here: http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2011/08/opi-mimosas-for-mr-and-mrs-review-and.html



Color: I would call this a baby pink but it's a touch warmer than that. You need to be a little careful picking this one out based on your skin tone. I personally need a lighter pink or something with more peach or yellow.

Formula: This was another one of those watery formulas that I applied in thick coats to avoid dragging the brush and streaking. It was still difficult to get even coats of polish. I applied 3-4 coats to get it opaque.

CONCLUSION: I can't recommend this for anyone whose skin tone is similar to mine and I can't really recommend this based on the formula either. I will say that if you're on a budget, this is a pretty basic pink and you could save a few bucks getting this instead of another pink with a similarly average formula.

SWATCHES: I tried to organize these from most to least color accurate. The natural light shots are a little lighter than the actual polish but I threw them in just so you could see how the polish photographs.







No comments:

Post a Comment