Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Things I Am Currently Obsessed With

Other people have monthly favorites. I just throw out one of these "Things I Am Currently Obsessed With" posts when I can't hold back the crazy any longer. With men, hobbies, material objects...pretty much everything, I have the terrible habit of becoming fixated on one thing to the exclusion of all else for as long as the impulse strikes me. Did I mention I'm also terribly flighty? It's a Gemini thing. Anyway, onto the current obsessions tumbling around in my brain at the moment.

Jason Wu for Target® White Cat Printed Scarf.Opens in a new window
http://www.target.com/p/Jason-Wu-for-Target-White-Cat-Printed-Scarf/-/A-13851646

The Jason Wu for Target Milu scarf. Who cares if it's only supposed to cost around $20 when I have no way of getting my hands on it except shelling out way too much money to greedy eBay sellers? No, thank you. But that restraint is tormenting me. Have you seen the Jason Wu for Target commercial? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXV7EqCcqfI How can you resist the adorableness of Milu? This is such an adorable, well-designed piece. The black, white, and red was already calling to my minimalist color palette sense of dressing but then they had to throw in all the poses. Google this scarf and you will see the full design with Milu sitting, standing, stretching...I can't even stand it. Did I mention I've always wanted a cat? Le sigh...

Finding a concealer. There's no picture because this is more of a concept than an actual obsession with a product. You see, I don't sleep. If you check the times for my blog entries you will probably realize this. I have terrible dark circles and horrible dry skin. For some reason I can wear blush and eyeshadow but come near my skin with foundation or concealer and it is not pretty. Let's just leave it at that. Every concealer I've tried either runs and smears or gets thick and cakey.

PixiGlow Tinted Brilliance Balm Magic Tink Tint - Happy Thoughts Pink.Opens in a new window
http://www.target.com/p/PixiGlow-Tinted-Brilliance-Balm-Magic-Tink-Tint-Happy-Thoughts-Pink/-/A-13962980

PixiGlow Tinted Brilliance Balm Magic Tink Tint. I have kind of been in love with this product since reading Musing of a Muse's review. But am I really prepared to pay $16 for a lip balm? I'm obsessive but I'm still cheap. For a high-end lipstick sure. But for a lip balm? I already feel like my Covergirl glossbalms are a splurge and they're my favorite lip product. Besides, I know if I did get this I'd have to get two and take advantage of the chance to get a PixiGlow tote bag with Tinkerbell. I'm a Disney fanatic but my desire for the tote bag isn't out of love for the movie. I actually think Peter Pan is one of their more offensive/racist offerings though pretty much on par with Annie Get Your Gun. No, I love the style of the sketch of Tinkerbell and I have a weakness for all things feminine and girly. And puppies. A definite weakness for puppies.

 http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2012/02/pixiglow-tote-bag-sale-on-targetcom.html

DIY projects. Yup, it's another concept. See, I have no illusions about my artistic ability. Here are some examples of my work.

http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2011/05/best-sketches.html
http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2011/08/recent-drawing-fails.html

But there's also an irrational part of my brain that is convinced that my capabilites know no bounds when it comes to artistic production. Every so often I'll see something and think: I want to crochet a ball... I want to buy some clay and rhinestones and make that necklace... I want to get some fabric and sew a dress... I want to make bath bombs... None of this ever gets done. The closest I came was making a box full of little clay objects last winter...that have remained in that box. Still, I kind of want to get some more clay and try again. Like I don't have enough things to do with all the homework, reading, exams, MCAT's, where was I going with this...?

Aqualia Thermal Serum Fortifying & Soothing 24Hr Hydrating Concentrate - Moisturizers
http://www.vichyusa.com/aqualia-thermal-serum.htm

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum Fortifying and Soothing 24Hr Hydrating Concentrate. I want this. Why? Heck if I know. I tried a Clarins Hydraquench serum at a Bloomingdale's counter and sort of thought I saw results but who knows after a day and I wasn't about to shell out $58 to test a product. Also, the price to quantity of product ratio is a little ridiculous. Then, one day I was wandering around Walgreen's as I am wont to do...seriously, if I'm not in class or at home, I'm probably wandering around a drugstore. Or Sephora. Or Lush. Or...where was I going with this? Anyway, a lot of the Walgreen's skincare section actually has testers so I tried out a little of this on my hand out of curiosity and boredom. And it did kind of remind me of the Clarins hydraquench. Well, I reasoned to myself, if that costs $58 and this costs $35 then really I'd be saving money by getting this instead, right? Well, yes, if they're actually comparable and if this actually does something for my skin. Right now I'm testing a new cleanser, moisturizer, and using up a week's supply of a Lush mask so I'm not really in a place to be getting a serum. But maybe if the moisturizer doesn't work out, I'll ignore my better judgment and spring for this product. All I know is that I need to stop staring at it longingly whenever I'm in Walgreen's. It's starting to look weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment