Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mini Drugstore Haul

This is less a haul and more of my weekly infusion of drugstore products to feed my makeup addiction. These are pretty much all of the new items I'll be trying out in addition to the Milani face powder I showed you in a previous haul and the L'Oreal Lumi primer which I've been using as a highlighter.



I've been using this for about a week now and so far I am not impressed. This really doesn't seem to be worth the $15.99 plus tax I paid at CVS. It's a decent match for my skin tone, skewing a little lighter and pulling double duty as a concealer. However with or without primer, when my skin gets really dry and flaky this only accentuates the problem. I'll probably give it a few more days but I might end up returning this and just sticking with my L'Oreal trumatch foundation or looking for a highend option.

I am sooooo happy to have found this. By chance, I stopped into the Duane Reade at 60 Spring Street. I was just casually browsing and then I realized what I was looking at. This palette is much bigger than I thought it would be, looking at the regular 6 pan palettes. I can't wait to try it out. I already love the swatch I did of the browbone color on the righthand side. I think it might look really pretty over Maybelline's Tough as Taupe. We shall see. This Duane Reade seems to carry a lot of the regular drugstore brands that aren't well stocked elsewhere, Wet n' Wild, Sally Hansen, etc.

I also found all the regular single pan Wet n' Wild eyeshadows AND all the new ones. I picked up Platinum because I have no grays or silvers in my collection. Well, until now.

I also picked up Maybelline's Color Tattoo eyeshadows in Tough as Taupe and Bad to the Bronze. I didn't open Bad to the Bronze yet but when I do I'll be sure to take lots of pictures. I like the feel of this product swatching it but I'm not sure about the packaging. My nails are a teensy bit long and it's annoying to try and get product out with my fingers. I might have to use a tongue depressor or a small spoon to scoop out a smaller amount to use on a regular basis. I'm also iffy on how I feel about the design of the packaging in general. It looks nice and feels sturdy but I find it a little sketching when they weigh down the products with packaging instead of makeup. If it's just going to take up space, I'd rather you use less packaging. I know how much product I'm getting and I'm OK with that. You don't need to trick me by weighing it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment