Sunday, February 26, 2012

Failed Products

It's harder to review products you just don't like so here's a roundup of all the duds I've tried, keeping it as short as possible.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup (foundation): I didn't outright hate this product but I got it to use on my dry skin and it ended up looking worse than the L'Oreal foundation I currently use. I didn't like the color selection which doesn't really account for the wide range of skin tones (light to dark) and base colors (yellow, pink, dusky) that I think a good foundation line should. I ended up going with Classic Ivory which is their lightest shade. It didn't look terrible on my skin but it was a touch artificial because the base was more white than yellow. It just looked awful and dry over my skin instead of dewy. I tried it with and without a primer. I tried using my fingers and different brushes (stippling brush, foundation brush) but nothing really improved the situation. Neutrogena foundation is super expensive in NYC, averaging $15 to $17 without tax so I would try and find a better drugstore option.


Wet n' Wild Single Eyeshadow in Platinum: This product was cheap and performed like it. That's basically all there is to say. I wanted a nice light silver without too much shimmer to layer over Maybelline's Tough as Taupe. I got a barely pigmented product. I couldn't even really swatch it for you. It's like you don't even pick up the gray, you just get a light wash of gray and lots of tacky (this time I mean cheap, not sticky) glitter particles.


Strawberry Lip Balm and Mango Lip Butter from The Body Shop: These just had an awful texture, did not do anything for my dry lips, and changed in taste to something horrible and unpleasant after an hour or two of wear.




No comments:

Post a Comment