Monday, February 6, 2012

Inexpensive Haul

I was going to call this a drugstore haul, but let's be honest. This was just me wandering into every available shop on my way to the subway. Here are the results...

First stop, CVS...
After having so much luck with Confetti's Rhapsody in Blue, I wanted to try another color. Sadly the display was pretty empty, but I did spy this color which looks like my old favorite, O.P.I.'s I'm Not Really a Waitress at a fraction of the cost. This is in 037 Crimson Cutie.


Lately, my dry skin has been plagued by a new problem...acne and blemishes. I watched missglamorazzi's video where she raved about this product so I decided to try it out. This is supposed to help with breakouts and be good for dry skin. We shall see. I started using it today.


I did not like the tricky way they hide the drug facts under a peel-away sticker. These things are important!

For this cleanser and the nail polish, I spent a grand total of $1.90. What!?! I know. I had a $10 cash card reward left over so I handed that in and only had to pay $1.90. Yes, the cleanser was still expensive but that's what I get for living in NY.

Next stop Ricky's....
I spent $8 on this Essie polish in Go Overboard. I usually try and restrain myself until Duane Reade gets the polishes I want so I can keep adding to that Essie Club promotion but sometimes a girl just needs her Essie polish. I figured that since I haven't heard a lot about this Go Overboard collection and it only seems to include 3 polishes, I would just get it already. I did stop myself from picking up Essie's Navigate Her in the prettiest pistachio green since that is in the spring collection and will probably end up at Duane Reade in a few months. I'm hoping Go Overboard will be a dupe for O.P.I.'s Ski Teal We Drop but regardless, it seems like I can never have enough dark blues. Teal is my favorite color after all.







Next up, The Body Shop...
 
Usually I never buy anything when I go into places like this but today I couldn't help myself. Just because I think my thick carrot nighttime moisturizer is breaking me out, does not mean I can just go without moisturizer. It's making my skin very upset. After obsessing for a while, I decided to just try this one out. It feels nice, semi-light, and it's unscented. If this works out I might try the pink brand for extra dry skin though it has a scent and more chemicals. I couldn't resist this when I found out it comes with a free toner or cleanser as long as the promotion lasts. Obviously I already have a cleanser, so I opted for the toner. I also used this for the first time today. My face feels softer and more hydrated. We'll see if it causes any acne or blemishes.



Lastly, Walgreen's...

They did not have anything I really wanted. As the only place running a BOGO 1/2 off Neutrogena deal this week, I checked out their selection because I've been thinking of switching over to Neutrogena HealthySkin Liquid Foundation because it's supposed to be great for dry skin. However, it's also a whopping $17. For a drugstore foundation!?! This is what I got instead...

Yup, the new Milani Illuminating Face Powder in Amber Nectar. There were only 2 left in the display which for some reason only had the darker colors and not the one with all the light pinks. Anyway, I fell in love with the look of this powder when I first saw it on Nouveau Cheap and I just had to have it. It cost almost $12 which is ridiculous so if it doesn't produce great results, it's going right back...but I have to say, it looks just as adorable as you think it will. I'll probably play around with this over the weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment