Friday, February 10, 2012

REVIEW of Wet n' Wild Spoiled Collection S025 Ants in My Pants and S072 Visually Slimming


OK, these nail polishes were a massive fail on so many fronts ...but I did manage to get results I'm actually happy with. Let me explain. The formula on Visually Slimming is pretty watery, but opaque in three coats. It's a basic, glossy black nail polish color. Nothing to really report. The brush is absolutely atrocious. I can't do great close-up shots with my camera so you'll have to go on my description. It's a flat wide brush that is wider than my pinky nail and makes applying varnish to all of your nails kind of difficult. The brush was also misshapen so instead of lying flat, it created a weird bulbous, bulging shape that was very unwieldy to work with. Also, the bristles seemed hard and weirdly attached so they went out in different directions. I haphazardly threw on 3 coats and then cleaned up the edges with nail polish remover. I guess I like the polish and if you really need to save money, a basic black polish is a basic black polish. Still, from my high school days when I wore black nail polish on a regular basis, I remember there being plenty of cheap brands that made decent black nail polishes. Milani might be one of them. If I had an empty bottle of polish I might try transferring this just to see if it would work better with a different brush.

S072 Visually Slimming
Pros- decent formula, 3 coats opaque
Cons- a bit watery, horrible brush, difficult to avoid a mess

Ants in My Pants was even more difficult to work with. I think the formula might have been a little thick but it was hard to tell because the brush was even worse on this one...not a igood thing when you need to maneuver large hexagonal glitter particles. The polish is a black base with red hex glitter and small red glitter particles. I actually really like the way it looks on my nails but I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of dealing with the formula. You seriously have no control over the polish. The best you can do is just slap it on the nail and hope for the best. Again, I would be interested to see how this works with a different brush.

S025 Ants in My Pants
Pros- pretty effect, possible Deborah Lippmann Ruby Red Slippers dupe
Cons- terrible brush, no control over placement of glitter with brush, possibly thick formula

CONCLUSION: Paint is just a medium. The brush is the tool you use to get the job done, and on that count Wet n' Wild's Spoiled collection completely fails. With such terrible brushes that offer no control, I can't recommend these polishes unless you're really on a budget and you plan to use a different nail polish brush for application. This is a definitely one of those drugstore products that gives drugstore products a bad reputation.

SWATCHES








PACKAGING

Brush for Ants in My Pants. Note how it is kind of rounded and uneven.


Side view

Weirdly rounded AND angled. Why would you do this Wet n' Wild?

Side view

Close-up








No comments:

Post a Comment