Monday, February 6, 2012

L'Oreal Colour RIche Nail Polish in 560 Greycian Goddess


Dusty, smoky, lovely Greycian Goddess was kind of a bust for me. They hooked me with the name but this just isn't the right polish for me. I think it's going to be a while before I try out any more L'Oreal nail polishes. Even if I didn't have the terrible habit of collecting nail polishes before I've used everything in my stash, I'm just too irritated with the quality of L'Oreal's nail polishes to bother working with them for a while. So while I like some of the colors in the new collection and I adore the name of this polish, I'm taking a break.

1) I do not like the brush. It isn't soft and flexible. It is also naturally streaky. Combining these qualities, it becomes very difficult to avoid streaks unless you paint in thick coats, barely dragging the brush across the nail.
2) I do not like the formula of this polish. It is somehow simultaneously thick and watery. It is too watery for me to be able to control it easily and it is too thick to paint nice even coats. You basically plop down polish and try and avoid touching it as much as possible.
3) 3 coats to opacity. I don't mind painting 3 coats. I do it even with some of the best nail polishes in my collection just to get perfect results. But with L'Oreal nail polishes I can't get away from the feeling that I am just wasting nail polish.
4) Color. I don't hate this color. In direct sunlight, it works for me as a nice, interesting take on a neutral. However, in any other lighting it brings out all the red in my skin and just looks wrong. I find this odd since I consider this a blue-toned gray and blue/cool tones usually work for me. However, if you look good in grays or you think this color would work for you, I'd say go for it because it's a pretty gray nail polish. I think this is what I expected Essie's Power Clutch to be like. This polish never darkens to black. It always stays a nice medium shade of gray.

Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you would like to help support this site, please consider making your next purchase at amazon.com through the links on my page.

   
  SWATCHES






Not as color accurate as the other pictures but do you see what I mean about the blue-tone?




One streaky first coat

No comments:

Post a Comment