Saturday, February 25, 2012

Forever 21 Jewelry Look For Less

I haven't done one of these in a while and to be honest, it's mainly because I haven't been scanning the Forever21 site a lot lately. I'd like to say my tastes have graduated, but I think it's more that I've been tremendously busy, have a decent supply of jewelry, and most of my budget goes to makeup these days. Nevertheless, I was on the site and spotted some things that might be of interest to those of you interested in trends but unwilling to pay more for trinkets that might not last past the season.

Etched bangle bracelets: More than one brand has done these, but when I think of this kind of filigree work the brand that comes to mind is Wendy Mink.

Here's the Forever21 version...

Dimpled Flower Cuff $5.80
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=f21&category=acc_jewelry&ProductID=1015036714

And here is the Wendy Mink version.
Filigree Leaf Cuff $222

Pointed Punk Rings


Triple Spike Ring $2.80
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=f21&category=acc_jewelry&ProductID=1000038594

Not as cool, but probably safer than the noir jewelry version.
Flat Pyramid Stackable
Flat Pyramid Stackable $105 for a set of four http://noirjewelry.com/Rings/FlatPyramidStackable/665#

Jewelry inspired by ancient cultures/Historical jewelry: Even outside of the items you find for sale at the Met shop or any other museum store, it seems like the Victorian historical jewelry trend hasn't died. If you want to rock a faux-vintage or Victorian revival piece, why not try this Forever21 version? If you like it, you could always start hunting at flea markets and vintage shops for something a little more "authentic". And by authentic, I meant a designer's take on actual historical jewelry.



Ancient Goddess Necklace $4.80
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=f21&category=acc_jewelry&ProductID=1000041780

Oh, and I don't get this "Ancient Goddess" nonsense. It is clearly Isis. Just call it an Isis necklace. If you don't believe me, google Isis necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment